DID YOU KNOW?
- Without a will, your spouse may not receive all of your estate.
- In Georgia, wills may become public record after you die.
- Beneficiary designations determine distribution of those accounts, not your will.
- A handwritten change written on your will does not change the terms of the will.
- Powers of attorney terminate upon the death of the person who signed the power.
- An executor or guardian has legal authority to act only when granted by a probate court.
- Property is not automatically transferred into a living trust upon signing.